Asbestos Roof Removal in Wollongong?
We have it covered
Residential, Commercial, or Industrial
"Asbestos Watch Endorsed Contractors for a secure asbestos roof removal in Wollongong"
Is your roof safe from asbestos?
Roofs are essential parts of a building. However, you have to be cautious since in the 1990s, asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) are used widely on the roof of commercial, residential and industrial properties.Your old contaminated roof will not cause danger as long as it’s left untouched. The problem is that with time, the top layer of the sheet may break down and generates fibres. Asbestos fibres are dangerous especially if you keep inhaling them.
If you suspect that your roofs have ACMs, get in touch with us right away.
We connect clients with A-Class licensed contractors who have been thoroughly selected to ascertain their ability in delivering satisfactory results. Our experts endorsed contractors will remove dangerous roofing materials in your building and take a vast asbestos testing procedure in your property before conducting any asbestos roof removal Wollongong job.
Asbestos roof removal Wollongong is a complicated procedure. Only a licensed removalist can perform the roof elimination work. Our members conduct thorough processes to make sure everything is done according to the safety standard, national and local laws. They will do a thorough inspection, perform sampling collection, and test the suspected materials in an accredited laboratory. They will also hand you the testing result while providing the solutions for your roofing problems. Contact one or more our endorsed contractors to ensure a safe roof removal project!
List of contents
- Asbestos: unspotted danger around you
- How to hire the right contractor
- Safe ways to deal with contaminated roofs
- A step closer to your roof solution
Asbestos: Unspotted danger around you
Before the 1990s, fibrous products are used widely in commercial, residential and industrial properties. Fibrous products are often made from the mixture of glass, rock, aluminum and silica with ACMs. Some of the products are composed of a mixture of fibres in a multitude of size.
Asbestos is used as reinforcement to produce strong and durable cement, plaster and plastic products. No wonder asbestos is widely used in Australia. In the 1990s, people used asbestos to insulate buildings against cold weather and noise. It is also used for fireproofing.
In some cases, asbestos is still used by the industry, construction and commercial sectors in the product such as:
- Industrial furnace and heating systems;
- Building insulation;
- Floor, fence and ceiling tiles;
- House siding;
- Car and truck brake pads.
Your old ceiling will not cause dangers as long as it’s undisturbed or undamaged. The problem is that, with time, the sheet’s top layer may break down and release fibres to the surface. These fibres are dangerous especially if you keep inhaling them for a long period of time.
For a short-term exposure, you can experience:
- Skin and eye irritation; this may happen when you have a first contact with fibres. It may involve reddening, burning, itching, prickling, scaling, thickening and inflammation around the fingernails.
- Upper respiratory tract irritation; it is likely to occur due to high concentrations of fibres in the air.
And for a long-term exposure, it may cause illnesses, such as:
- Asbestosis: causes a scarring of your lungs that makes you difficult to breath.
- Mesothelioma: a rare cancer case, which involves the development of a lining in your chest or abdominal cavity.
- Lung cancer: the risk of getting a lung cancer is doubled is you’re a smoker.
How to hire the right contractor
As stated by the government laws, there are several things need to be considered when you are doing an asbestos roof removal Wollongong project.
- Asbestos removal and clearance should be done by a Class-A licensed worker.
- There should be an assessor carrying out air monitoring and clearance inspections following the removal of friable ACMs.
- The person undertaking asbestos removal process is required to be appropriately trained and hold a license or certificate.
External government resource: www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/sites/swa/whs-information/licensing/asbestos-removal/pages/asbestos-removal
If you suspect that your roofs contain ACMs, you can get in touch with us right away. We connect clients with A-class licensed contractors who have been thoroughly selected to ascertain their ability in delivering the desired results. Our experts endorsed contractors will remove dangerous ceiling materials in your building and they’ll take extensive asbestos testing processes in your property before conducting any asbestos roof removal Wollongong jobs.
Why choose our members:
- Your safety is our top priority: They conduct a thorough process to make sure everything is done according to the safety standard, national and local laws. They are committed to providing clients with the desired results. With their highly skilled and experienced members, they will do the job safely and efficiently. So, if you are looking for a detail-oriented contractor and satisfactory results; no need to look for another alternative. Our contractor members are the right removalists you need.
- They are highly skilled and knowledgeable: Our members are trained and have a valid A-class license. With a lot of experiences in residential, commercial and industry properties, trust your asbestos roof removal Wollongong jobs to our endorsed members. They have the resources and expertise to complete projects of all size and complexity.
- They do all types of projects, big and small: Our endorsed contractors do all type of work safely. They can handle all scope of projects. They will stage your project in order to make it finish on time. Our endorsed contractors’ reputation speaks for itself as they are always deliver a satisfactory result to our clients.
- They provide excellent services at value prices: Our approved members strive to deliver excellent services at value costs. They know how to deliver the project on schedule and within clients’ budget. Briefly, the total cost will be based on: the project’s complexity, the amount of materials required, and location of suspected materials within the roofing structure, the quality of replacement materials.
NOTE: DIY attempts are allowed with certain limitations. You can only remove non-friable materials. Also, the size of material and the amount of time to do the work is also limited. You can remove it yourself if the material size is not more than 10m2. The amount of time permitted for the work is not more than one hour in seven days.
Safe ways to deal with contaminated roofs
Asbestos roof removal Wollongong is a complicated procedure and cannot be done by unlicensed personnel. Only a licensed removalist can perform the roof removal work. Our approved members offer vast services for safe ceiling elimination projects.
1. A thorough inspection of your roof
Our assessors will do a thorough inspection of your roof before doing the removal process. Our members will create a control plan and asbestos register first. They will later mark on the register what contains or might contain fibrous materials along with their condition. It is hard to tell whether a certain material contains ACMs or not by merely looking at it. The only way to get certain is to get it tested via an accredited laboratory. After the process of sampling and testing, they’ll provide options to resolve the fibrous roofing issues.
2. Removing and replacing process
Before the actual removal, our contractors will carry out an encapsulation process. In this process, the damaged material will be coated with a special adhesive to prevent health hazards upon removal. After encapsulation, the contractors will do the roof removal process in the safest way possible.
Our specialists take following precautions measures while removing ACM from your ceiling:
- Seal the contaminated areas with plastic sheets.
- Spray a mixture of liquid soap and water to wet down the suspected materials.
- Seal off the removal area.
- Ensure that the removed ACM material remains wet.
- Put the discarded roofing materials in sealed plastic bags.
- Put used gloves and protective clothing in sealed plastic bags before disposing them properly.
- If required, they can check and replace the old roof with a new material of your choice.
3. Disposal of hazardous waste
Our approved members will dispose of the waste safely at a legal landfill approved by the Wollongong city council. They’ll also hand you the final written report. All transportation and disposal procedures will be carried out according to national and local regulations.
A step closer to your roof solution
If you are planning to remove asbestos roofing and siding materials from your property, contact us today! We provide you A-class licensed contractors for your commercial, residential or industrial properties in the Wollongong region. With skill and experiences, they will do the job safely and efficiently.
Our endorsed contractors strive to deliver exceptional roof removal Wollongong services that meet your requirements and budget.
They will do a thorough inspection, do sample collection, and test the sample via an accredited laboratory. They will hand you the final result while providing the solution for your roofing problem. They’ll also handle the transportation and disposal process to a legal facility approved by the city council.
The solution of your roofing problems is only a call away. Contact one or more contractors through us and get 100% free quotes today!